Public Relations Associate Account Manager
With new clients added to our roster, WE ARE GROWING!!!!
Are you a newly-minted creative communicators who thrives on the demands of public relations and media management? If that's you, check out this competitive position for our associate public relations account manager.
Public relations is about managing reputations. We offer you a career in public relations that involves gaining understanding and support for our clients, as well as trying to influence opinion and behavior.
You'll use all forms of media and communication to build, maintain and manage the reputation of our clients. Our client-portfolio ranges from public figures, to Fortune 500 businesses and to non-profit organizations.
You'll communicate key messages, often using third party endorsements, to defined target audiences in order to establish and maintain goodwill and understanding between an organization and its public.
You'll monitor publicity and conduct research to find out the concerns and expectations of our client’s stakeholders. You'll then report and explain the findings to client-leadership.
You'll usually work in-house under the supervision of an account manager. We frequently attend our client’s events, planning sessions and facilities.
Our PR associate account manager role is very varied and tasks will depend on the clients and account manager that you are assigned.
Responsibilities often involve:
- assisting with planning, developing and implementing PR strategies
- liaising with, and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations
- assisting with the research, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- assisting with collating and analyzing media coverage
- assisting with preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs
- assisting with organizing events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours
- assisting with maintaining and updating information on the client’s website
- managing and updating information and engaging with users on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook
- assisting with new business initiatives for our company
- assisting with managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.
Working hours are full time, generally 8:30am to 5:30pm, but can often increase, depending on workload and the client’s request. You may have to attend events in the evening or be on call on weekends in order to deal quickly with the PR aspect of a crisis, event or promotion.
What to expect
- PR associate managers are generally office-based but you may be required to attend networking and media events as well as meetings with clients, suppliers and partner organizations.
- At an early stage, you can expect to work closely with a Boxcar account manager and a variety of clients, key spokespeople and managers, often at senior level.
- Dress is generally smart.
- You may expected to network and socialize with clients, the media and colleagues to build and maintain relationships. Social and working life may become slightly intertwined.
- You may have to travel during the working day, including occasionally overnight trips.
- a minimum of a 4 year college degree, preferably in the communications/public relations field
- This company offers basic standard benefit packages, with negotiable options
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letters to: [email protected]
CLICK HERE to return to the Boxcar website.