Public Relations Account Manager
With new clients added to our roster, WE ARE GROWING!!!!
We are looking for creative communicators who thrive on the demands of public relations, promotions and media management. If that's you, check out this competitive position for public relations account manager.
Public relations is about managing reputations. We offer you a career in public relations that involves gaining understanding and support for our clients, as well as trying to influence opinion and behavior.
You'll use all forms of media and communication to build, maintain and manage the reputation and presence of our clients. Our client-portfolio ranges from public figures, to Fortune 500 businesses and to non-profit organizations.
You'll communicate key messages, often using third party endorsements, to defined target audiences in order to establish and maintain goodwill and understanding between an organization and its public.
You'll monitor publicity and conduct research to find out the concerns and expectations of our client’s stakeholders. You'll then report and explain the findings to client-leadership.
You'll usually work in-house, though we frequently attend our client’s events, planning sessions and facilities.
Our PR account manager role is very varied and tasks will depend on the clients you are assigned.
Responsibilities often involve:
- planning, developing and implementing PR strategies
- communicating with colleagues and key spokespeople
- liaising with, and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations
- researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- collating and analyzing media coverage
- writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports
- preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs
- devising and coordinating photo opportunities
- organizing events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours
- maintaining and updating information on the client’s website
- managing and updating information and engaging with users on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook
- sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities
- commissioning market research
- fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives
- must have a revenue/opportunity growth mentality towards managed-clients
- work on new business initiatives for our company
- managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.
Working hours are full time, generally 8:30am to 5:30pm, but can often increase, depending on workload and the client’s request. You may have to attend events in the evening or be on call on weekends in order to deal quickly with the PR aspect of a crisis or promotion.
What to expect
- PR managers are generally office-based but you may be required to attend networking and media events as well as meetings with clients, suppliers and partner organizations.
- At an early stage, you can expect to work closely with a variety of clients, key spokespeople and managers, often at senior level.
- Dress is generally smart.
- You'll be expected to network and socialize with clients, the media and colleagues to build and maintain relationships. Social and working life may become slightly intertwined.
- It's likely that you will have to travel during the working day, including occasionally overnight trips.
- a minimum of a 4 year college degree, preferably in the communications/public relations field
- a minimum of 3 years of communications and public relations experience in the industry
- This company offers basic standard benefit packages, with negotiable options
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letters to: [email protected]
CLICK HERE to return to the Boxcar website.